First of all, I want to thank you for being part of the Artista family and continuing to contribute to this dream in which we continue to work for the well-being of our clients.
Now what we came for…
As creators and sellers of these pieces, made by hand, we like to provide quality items that are durable. For the first, we have no problem because 100% of our products are prepared with excellent quality materials, but [Here is where the, BUT] for it to be durable, we must follow some care guidelines.
**The care guides are ALWAYS included with the purchase of any product** Even so, in this space we will talk a little about them.
So… here are some important points when washing a personalized item
- Hand wash: We do not recommend the use of a dishwasher as this can damage, fade or detach the art.
- Do not scrape the Art: It is recommended to use water or a soft cloth to clean.
- Do not microwave or freeze: Recommended by supplier.
- Do not submerge in water for a long time: Although it is waterproof, in order to make it more durable, it is not recommended to submerge it for a long period of time.
Shirts or fabric items:
Wash inside out:
- It is one of the simplest ways to protect art, in the same way it helps to preserve it for a longer time. If we wash the clothes inside out we avoid that it is sponged to other materials or that the art is rubbed. The result of this can be the cracks that we sometimes see in old shirts.
- Tip: when you take off your clothes, put them inside out, “work smart, work less”.
Use cold water and wash on delicate cycle:
- By using cold water we extend the life of our clothes and prevent them from shrinking or fading. On the other hand, using the delicate cycle will prevent it from wrinkling or being damaged.
- * Purses, pillows or aprons, it is preferable to wash by hand.*
- Clorox or other strong products have chemicals that are used for other purposes which could damage the design. That is why it is recommended that you use a regular laundry detergent.
- The Softener is not recommended by the supplier and my responsibility is to pass the message on to them.
- Using a dryer is the most common nowadays, BUT in the case of personalized products it is not indicated. Let it dry in the open air, this guarantees that the art lasts and at the same time keeps the clothes in better condition.
- The dryer shrinks and fades the clothes.
- High temperatures are deadly for personalized items and this also applies to ironing. This is why we recommend that, when ironing your shirt, you turn it inside out and not iron on the art. DO NOT IRON WITH STEAM.
In general, these tips to take care of your personalized items, most of them can be useful for other fabric items and items in general... Even so, I always recommend reading the labels of the products, since who better than the "suppliers"? to recommend how to care for your custom made items.